Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What’s This All About?

OK, so here I am pretty stoked about being one of the Chosen Ones!

(Actually I am sitting outside [yes outside – global warming, anyone?] having a Doumi (draft beer) in the main plaza of Rousset a small French ville outside of Aix en Province.)

On January 8, 2007 I shall fly down to Nashville, TN (Al Gore’s home town), where I’ll be attending a 3-day training session. I guess they want to show us the various forms and lengths to give the presentation, depending on the audience (school kids, business, friends), and also how to answer any difficult questions that people may have about the facts on climate change.

As part of the deal, I have to commit myself to give at least 10 presentations in one year! While that may sound like a lot, I have a few already covered – figure one presentation at Green Team, two at my daughter Alice’s school (middle school gets one, high school gets another), I am sure some of my clients would be also interested–that’s probably three to five, and I attend quite a few conferences so that’s another two or three.

So I am not really worried about meeting the quota.

What’s really cool about the training sessions is that I understand that Al Gore is an active participant in these!

The group is made up of what I believe is about 40 folks – these are being split up into 4 geographical regions (from where you come from) – I am in the Northeastern or GREEN Group.

So how to prepare for this? More on this tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow dad this is pretty good, i mean no mistakes
BRAVO lol ohhh and btw im in high school not middle school
good work
love ya

January 6, 2007 at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home